To ensure that volunteers understand their responsibilities and boundaries and the center’s policies and procedures thus optimizing their services to benefit the center and the children.
1. Volunteers shall be under direct supervision of the director or a designated staff member at all times. All duties and responsibilities shall be stated in writing.
2. Volunteers who are considered in the child-staff ratio, or who are given control over the children shall meet personnel and employee requirements. These requirements include:
* A criminal records check.
* A central registry check.
* Employment information for the past five years.
* The person must be eighteen years of age.
* The person must have a high school diploma or GED.
(Exceptions shall be given to parents who volunteer to assist with field trips.)
3. Volunteers who are not considered in the child-staff ratio shall not be left alone with the children and will not have disciplinary control over the children.
4. Volunteers are welcome to attend special events and to provide additional support for field trips. Volunteers are also encouraged to participate in the following activities:
* Playing games with the children.
* Reading books with small groups of children.
* Singing with the children.
* Teaching the children a special dance or art technique.
* Assisting with a cooking activity.
* Sharing a special trade or hobby.
* Sharing a special part of their culture.
* Assisting the teacher in cutting out special projects.
* Assisting the director with filing, typing, or other business activities.
5. Volunteers may not be considered substitutes, teacher’s aides, or kitchen aides or may they relieve staff of their routine duties.
Copyright © 2023 Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Innovative Technology Systems