To ensure the safety of the children while being transported by the center.
Anyone transporting children shall:
1. Have a current, valid driver’s license as required by state law.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
Any vehicle transporting children shall:
1. Be licensed.
2. Be insured.
3. Maintained in proper working condition.
4. Have heating and cooling available.
5. Have a first aid kit available.
6. Have a fire extinguisher available.
The driver of a vehicle transporting children may be counted in staff-child ratio, but shall not be the only adult present.
All children shall be restrained in age appropriate, approved child safety seats while being transported. Children under the age of six or under sixty pounds will be secured in an age appropriate safety seats.
Seating space shall be available for each child being transported.
A signed medical release form and emergency contact information shall accompany each child being transported.
Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center transports preschool and school age children on field trips and school age children to school in the morning and back to the center in the afternoon. The safety of the children riding the van is our number one concern, therefore, the children who ride the Center’s van will be expected to:
1. To enter the van quickly, in an orderly manner, under the instruction of the driver.
2. To find a seat quickly, buckle his/her seatbelt, and remain buckled until instructed otherwise.
3. To conduct themselves in a manner that will not distract the attention of the driver or disturb other riders on the van.
4. To talk in a normal tone of voice. Yelling, screaming and foul language are not acceptable.
5. Only bring items that are necessary. School backpacks are to be closed and to remain closed while on the van.
6. To refrain from eating or drinking while on the van.
7. To keep their hands to themselves. Children are not to tamper with any devices such as door latches, windows, etc., and must keep their hands, fingers, and feet inside the van at all times.
8. To follow the instructions of the driver at all times.
Because of safety concerns, improper conduct while riding the van will not be tolerated. A child whose conduct is unacceptable will be instructed by the driver as to appropriate behavior. If the problem persists, the parents will be notified and requested to take disciplinary action. Continued improper conduct on the van may result in the child being unable to continue riding the van.
Copyright © 2023 Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Innovative Technology Systems