To assure the safety and well-being of the children and the staff, to provide fundamental training necessary to prevent emergencies by taking proper precautions, and the knowledge of how to respond in the event of an emergency.
1. Fire exists an evacuation plans shall be posted in every classroom.
2. Staff and students shall be trained in safety drill procedures (fire and tornado) each month. The following shall be documented at the conclusion of each drill:
* The date
* The time of day
* The number of children and staff present
* The length of time it took for all present to reach safety.
3. Everyone in the center at the time of the drills shall participate in the drill.
4. Tornado and fire drill policies, and emergency escape routes shall be posted in each classroom.
5. Smoke detectors shall be installed in each classroom and in the kitchen. Batteries shall be checked monthly by the director and documented on the emergency safety drill log following the fire drill.
6. Fire extinguishers shall be installed in the kitchen and in the main hallways. Pressure gauges and expiration dates shall be checked each month at the conclusion of the safety drill bey the director and documented on the safety drill log.
7. Fire extinguishers shall be monitored by a licensed provider annually.
8. The smoke alarm system shall be monitored by a licensed provider annually.
9. Staff and children shall review the stop, drop and roll procedures, crawling to avoid smoke, and feeling the door knob prior to opening the door at the end of each fire drill.
10. In the event of severe weather or disaster, the children will remain in the center.
11. Flashlights, batteries, and a radio shall be available in the event of power failure or severe weather conditions. The radio station will be tuned to the local weather station for further instructions.
Copyright © 2023 Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Innovative Technology Systems