To prevent or minimize accidents and to ensure the well-being of each child.
All full time staff members will be trained in Adult, Infant, and Child (CPR) and First Aid within six months of hire and renewed biannually. Staff shall receive orientation in health, safety, child abuse, behavior management policies and center schedules.
Prior to admissions to the center, the following information must be completed and on file:
1. Emergency medical release form to treat an injured child.
2. Emergency contacts, phone number, and addresses of the following:
* Alternative person to contact in the event of an emergency other than the parents.
As a natural part of the growth process, children explore their environment and test their limits, Therefore, children will experience some scrapes, falls and bruises as they grow up. In the event of an emergency or accident, the following steps will be taken.
1. In the event a child is injured while in our care, immediate attention will be given. Appropriate actions will be taken to meet the child’s needs. Parents or guardian will be notified of all injuries.
2. In the event a child has an accident, the teacher will fill out an “Ouch Report.” The parent/guardian will sign it and it will be placed in the child’s file. The parent/guardian will be given a copy of the “Ouch Report.”
3. Parents or guardians and licensing will be contacted immediately if medical treatment is necessary.
4. If any child is injured and requires medical attention, an adult will remain with the child until the parent or guardian arrives.
5. If a child intentionally injures another child, the parent/guardian, will receive an “Incident Report” informing the parents of the incident. The parent or guardian will sign it and it will be placed in the child’s file.
6. If a child continually inflicts injuries on other children or purposefully continues to damage center property, the child may be dismissed.
To prevent possible hazards, the following shall be maintained:
* At no time shall children be left unattended.
* Daily playground inspections shall be performed to assess for safety standards and maintenance.
* Diaper bags shall be checks upon arrival for medications or other items that require special attention.
* Electrical outlets shall be covered with protective caps unless they are child-proof outlets.
* Staff purses and bags shall be stored out of the children’s reach.
* All cleaning supplies and poisonous substances shall be kept in locked cabinets out of the reach of children.
* Daily room inspections shall be performed each morning by the teacher.
* Hot water heaters shall be maintained at temperatures between 105 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center is not responsible for any medical, hospital or pharmaceutical bills incurred by enrolled children without written authorization from the administrator.
Copyright © 2023 Tender Loving Care Early Learning Center - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Innovative Technology Systems